Football Forums 2 way
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man City complete Bellamy signing

Go down

Man City complete Bellamy signing Empty Man City complete Bellamy signing

Post  Admin Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:58 pm

Striker Craig Bellamy has completed his transfer from West Ham to Manchester City for an undisclosed fee.

The Wales international, 29, underwent a medical earlier on Monday ahead of joining the eighth club of his career on a four-year contract.

He was left out of West Ham's squad for Sunday's 3-1 win over Fulham, having told club officials on Friday that he wanted to leave.

West Ham agreed a deal with City on Sunday. The fee is thought to be £14m.

Man City boss Mark Hughes, who managed Bellamy at Blackburn and during his time in charge of Wales, said: "I am delighted to be working with Craig once more.

"He is an outstanding player who provides us with qualities that we are slightly lacking.

"He has blistering pace, has bags of of enthusiasm and has a superb attitude to training. He will be a great addition to the squad."

606: DEBATE
I maintain never sign an injury-prone player no matter how good they are

The Maine Road Man

John Hartson, a frequent former teammate also believes City have made a shrewd purchase.

"I know he's moved around a lot and let himself down on occasions, he'd be the first to admit that," Hartson told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"But he is very good professional, the first on the training ground and the last off it."

Bellamy joined West Ham for £7.5m last season and has previously had spells at Norwich, Coventry, Newcastle, Celtic, Blackburn and Liverpool.

Hammers chief executive Scott Duxbury told BBC Sport that he had rejected six earlier bids for the player, thought to have been from City and Tottenham.

Bellamy originally wanted to join Spurs, but once West Ham made it clear they were not going to let him join their London rivals, he agreed to link up again with countryman Hughes.

He is expected to make his Man City debut at home to Newcastle on 28 January.

From Bbc Football

Admin
Admin

https://hbk48942.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down