New suitors in Palacios chase

Go down

New suitors in Palacios chase

Post  Admin on Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:49 pm

Wigan boss Steve Bruce has revealed that another club has joined Tottenham in trying to sign Wilson Palacios.

Bruce admitted on Friday that Spurs had "virtually" agreed a deal with Tottenham to sign the Honduras international.

However, another club have entered the race for the highly-rated midfielder and Spurs could lose out on one of their top transfer targets.

Manchester United and Manchester City were both linked with a move for Palacios in reports emanating on Saturday, but Bruce insists the Old Trafford side are not the mystery suitors for the former Birmingham man.

"Another club has joined the chase for him and we will see what develops," said Bruce.

"I do not know if an offer has gone in officially as I am not sure where we are up to until I see the powers that be.

"He has a fantastic 18 months here and we will fight to keep him but it is difficult."
Coy
City manager Mark Hughes refused to be drawn on whether or not his side are the club interested in Palacios.

"We try not to discuss players we have not made bids for. That is the situation," said Hughes.

"I was not concentrating on his (Palacios) performance today, I was more interested in the performance of my players.

"I saw him in midweek against Manchester United and thought he was excellent."

An unknown Spanish and German club have both been credited with an interest in Palacios and it remains to be seen where the South American ends up before the close of the transfer window.

From Sky Sports

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://hbk48942.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Re: New suitors in Palacios chase

Post  I_was_the_first_united_fa on Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:03 am

i reckon palacio is off to city and valencia off to united...

I_was_the_first_united_fa

View user profile

Back to top Go down